(1) It is illegal to keep just one guinea pig or hamster. You got to have them in pairs.
(2) A man may not relieve himself while standing up after 10 pm. Also, you are not supposed to flush the toilet after 10 pm if you live in an apartment.
|Keep it it until the morning!|
(3) It is considered an offense to mow your lawn on a Sunday because it causes too much noise.
(4) Clothes may not be hung to dry on Sunday.
|No hanging on Sunday please!|
(5) You may not wash your car on a Sunday or you cannot wash your car nearby your premise. Please use the DIY car wash facilities.
|It is illegal to wash your car at home|
(7) If you forget you car-keys inside the car and you leave the car open, you might get fined.
(8) It is an offence to walk when riding an escalator.
(9) Anyone appealing a speeding fine will have the fine doubled.
(10) All stores are usually closed by 7 pm.
(11) If you want to buy groceries on Sunday (or after working hours), go to a gas station. Many stations (especially Migrol which is owned by Migros) are mini supermarkets. Another place to shop is at larger train stations, or airports, where mini-markets are almost always open from 6 am to 10 pm.
|Migros at Aeroport de Geneve...|
the only shop opened on Sunday
(13) You can own 2 or 3 cars but with only one license plate. You will need to display the plate on the car that you want to drive.
|"CD" or diplomatic plate for Canton Geneve (GE)|
|Normal car plate for Canton Geneve (GE)|
(14) Parking spaces are small: just enough (barely) space to park and to exit the space.
(15) A cardboard "parking disc" (which you set to show your arrival time and place on the dashboard) is used for parking in marked colored zones. It's free!
|Parking Card..You can park for free!|
(16) Switzerland is unique for having enough nuclear fallout shelters to accommodate its entire human population.